SVEDKA Vodka has been making its mark since it was first imported in 1998 and is now the Second largest imported vodka as well as the Number 7 spirit brand in the United States*.
Imported to the US from Sweden – a country that has been perfecting vodka for centuries – SVEDKA Vodka is proudly named after its country of origin. The word SVEDKA is a portmanteau of the word ‘Svenska’ (meaning ‘Swedish’) and ‘Vodka’ (derived from the Slavic word ‘voda’). As these two words are combined, SVEDKA is a name as catchy as it is clever – fitting for a brand renowned for its character, quality, and value. As the first brand to introduce a “cheap chic” market positioning, SVEDKA became the one brand to let consumers have it all: a high-quality, premium import with a hip, fun brand image at an affordable price.
SVEDKA is made via “continuous distillation” to ensure that ingredients are constantly moving so the winter wheat, yeast and water never stalls or pools. At the final stage in this distillation process, SVEDKA is run through high performance purification columns, five separate times to remove impurities.
Awards and Accolades
- Gold Medal, 2014 International Wine and Spirits Competition
- Gold Medal for Exceptional Taste and Best Buy, 2008 BTI
- Gold Medal, 2005, 2008, 2011 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Blue Chip Brand Award, Impact Magazine, 2012
- The Fast Track Award at Beverage Information Group’s Growth Brand Awards (2011 and 2010)
- Hot Brand Award, Impact Magazine, 2012
- #4 Most Powerful Vodka Brand, Intangible Business’ Power 100 List, 2011
*Source: Impact Magazine, January 2014
|For all the latest Svedka updates:|
|Add Like Follow View Watch|