Must be 18 or older to apply. Background check, physical exam, and drug testing are required. Please submit a 7 year MVR with your application.
Job Title: Route Associate (Driver Helper)
Reports to: Driver
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting in the safe and efficient transportation of product to customers in a manner that meets customer requirements.
1. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Unload and deliver products at assigned stops, verify count and condition of goods unloaded, and accurately report all overages, shortages, and breakage/damage.
- Report customer needs and concerns to driver and participate in delivering resolutions.
- Maintain constant communication and collaboration with driver and delivery department to work together as a team.
- Become familiar with United’s portfolio of brands, and remain knowledgeable of and adherence to Federal and State regulations.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The position holder may be required to undertake others’ duties within the scope and level of the position.
2. Education & Experience:
- Must submit a 7-yr Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) with application.
- High School or Vocational Diploma or GED required
- Must be 18 years old or older
4. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic math skills
- Working knowledge of computerized hand held devices
- Attention to detail
- Organization/Time Management
- Positive Attitude
- Knowledge of company and products
- Results Driven (performance)
5. Working Conditions:
- Must be able to maintain very high proficiency and job standards, while working in a non-temperature controlled environment. Includes exposure to heat, high humidity and inclement weather.
- Some work in refrigerated areas
- Frequent use of hand trucks, stairs, ramps and docks
- Noise level is usually moderate.
6. Physical Requirements:
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear, stand and walk, sit, reach with arms and hands, lift and carry, use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- Greater than average lifting required; some overhead lifting required
- Ability to down stack and relocate large amounts of product weighing 50+ lbs throughout the day
- Repeated loading, pushing, and pulling hand trucks
- Working refrigerated areas as needed
- Frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to judge distance.