Must be 21 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license and provide a 7 year MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) with application. Greater than average lifting as part of daily duties. Background check, physical exam, and drug testing are required. Click on job title above for a complete job description.
Position Title: Merchandiser
Reports to: Merchandising Supervisor
- United is one of Atlanta’s largest privately held companies and one of the top volume Beverage Distributors in the United States.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all products are properly rotated and in code; including displays, cold box, hot shelf and back stock.
- Emphasize priorities in all accounts as outlined and programmed by United Distributors. To have the “look of a leader” in each account.
- Begin to create relationships at retail. Communicate with store managers and build displays utilizing effective merchandising standards.
- Stock shelves from backroom inventory and displays.
- Ensure all back stock is organized and in proper storage area.
- Constant collaboration with sales and delivery departments to work together as a team.
- Learn United’s portfolio of brands, be aware of and adherence to Federal and State regulations.
- Travel by United company vehicle to all call points in assigned territory.
- Need to be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks at a given time.
- Need to be able to work weekends and flexible work schedule.
- 7 year MVR submitted with application
- High School Graduate or GED
Preferred Candidate will possess:
- Basic computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft office)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four- year college or university.
- Minimum 1 year work experience
Critical Skill Sets:
- Organization / Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Meeting and Exceeding Customer Expectations
- Positive Attitude
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Knowledge of company and products
- Results Driven
- Restocking shelves, build large displays.
- Working refrigerated area
- Down stacking and relocation large pallets of beer